Saturday, February 14, 2009

Put in your teeth

I know I promised you the “thank you but no thank you” post next but I was catching up on my newspaper reading and came across one of Leah Garchik’s columns featuring her annual Valentine’s “quote-by-quote tramp through the pastures of relationships”:

-- "If you're going to go out on a date, you really have to put in your teeth." (Woman's advice on dating among senior citizens, overheard at a women's gathering by Vivian Richardson)

-- "I will do hospitals, but I don't do funerals." (Two older gents discussing senior dating, overheard in the Berkeley YMCA hot tub by Jerry Fillingim)”

So for today, one of our most over-commercialized “holidays”, dreaded by couples and singles alike, I say laugh, eat chocolate, and by all means put your teeth in.

No comments: